Benefits of Digital Dentistry
Modern Care Leads To Brighter Smiles
The traditional “tray-and-putty” dental impressions are steadily moving out the door and being replaced by digital impressions, and Perfect Impressions is proud to be right at the forefront of this important evolution. By eliminating the inefficiencies that were inherent with this age-old system and investing in top-tier technology, we’re able to leave even more dentists and their patients wholeheartedly satisfied with our custom restorative solutions! Keep reading below to learn more about the benefits of digital dentistry, and don’t hesitate to contact us in Carrollton, TX if you’re interested in discussing specific intraoral scanners or recommendations.
Digital Scanning vs Traditional Impressions
When compared to traditional impressions, digital scanning has several valuable benefits and advantages, including the following:
- Faster Turnaround Times – Because we receive the impressions faster, our technicians can get started on cases much sooner than they normally would.
- Real-Time Prep Feedback – The doctor immediately has access to magnified images of their own prep work, allowing them to check margins, occlusal clearance, and overall design to confirm accuracy before sending the complete prescription to our laboratory.
- Minimized Remakes – With less opportunity for human error, we’ve found that the chance of remakes decreases dramatically when compared to tray-and-putty impressions.
- Smoother Workflow – By no longer needing to pour, pin, base, section, trim margins, or perform other steps necessary to tray-and-putty impressions, cases are expedited, and our clients can expect quick turnaround.
- More Positive Patient Experience – Most patients are thrilled to find out that they’ll no longer have to suffer through a mouthful of goopy putty!
- Excellent Collaboration –Screen-sharing services will help our laboratory and you (the dentist) take a closer look at issues like questionable margins together without requiring a bigger workload and lagging turnaround time.
- Reduced Cost – With digital impressions, there are no more costs associated with disposable materials and tray disinfection.
We Accept Any Intraoral Scan
Perfect Impressions will accept any intraoral scan from multiple scanners, and negotiated rebates are available to help cover your lease payment, whether you’re currently looking to buy a new scanner or have already made a purchase recently. The following brands (and more!) are warmly welcomed:
- 3Shape Trios
We Utilize the Latest Technology in 3D Printing & Milling
By added 3D printing and milling to the digital workflow, Perfect Impressions is able to complement traditional processes, streamline manufacturing, elevate overall efficiency, and even open the way to new business models. Digital intraoral scans are converted to an .stl file and transferred to Exocad software for design. We then use the Planmeca PlanMill 50 and Sirona MCXL with inLab scanners for in-house milling. Meanwhile, EvoDent™ and Formlabs II are our chosen brands of 3D printers, known for their long-term reliability and innovative systems.
Color Correct LED Lighting for Custom Shades
We know that aesthetics are a top priority for most patients. The shade of their dental crown, bridge, or other restoration needs to be a beautifully precise match for their natural smile. At Perfect Impressions, we take this responsibility very seriously. That’s why our dedicated shade room has Color Correct lighting that ensures each technician can always see the most accurate results possible throughout their work. We also use highly modern cameras and extensive shade matching tabs!